Monday, May 9, 2011

Waiting Again

It was an emotional weekend with my siblings and nephew and in laws visiting Mom at the Hospice House. They were very shook up seeing Mom so unresponsive and frail.

Dad and I stayed home on Sunday (well, he went to church, and I took the day off from my gig), and I did a lot of weeping off and on all day. Dad and I shared a meal alone on Sunday night.

The doctor told us on Saturday that it appeared to him that Mom may die within the next few weeks. She has been taken off of Haldol all together. Mom has eaten very little, mostly on a liquid diet. She hasn't been eliminating.

I am not a care giver anymore. Just a close family member at the mercy of this passing of time.

Dad and I are going up shortly. We are meeting the minister from his church, who has offered to drive us to the House from there and back.

I am behind on my bills and my banking and my laundry and my kitchen is cleaned out of food. Tough time, this waiting.

No comments: