![]() |
| March 28, 2011 |
Dad has been amazing. We still need to work on creative food ideas. Somebody needs to write a recipe book for people who are caregivers of people with A.D. Don't look at me, I have a hard enough time coming up with ideas for my own meals.
When Mom gets agitated (which she was very much yesterday, she was depressed and snappy), I believe it boils down to this: she's pissed that she can't communicate or do anything, and she's pissed that she is suffering from this disease.
And I don't blame her one bit.

2 comments:
Visits by the physical therapist and different nurse (than nurse M) gave me some encouragement in regard to the Mom's eating. The nurse said liquids more important than solid food; the therapist said Ensure could even be increased beyond the one bottle I try to get into her in a day. Also, since the Mom complains of right side pain much of the time, Tylenol use was encouraged as long as it did not increase beyond 4000 mgs per day, plus if she tolerates it without food, no need to give it with food. Thus, two 500mg pills per day is well within the 4000 mg limit. The nurse brought us boxes for pills. We're not totally enthused about these yet.
Kate, I think you're right about the Mom being pissed that she has the disease, the name of which she can never quite remember, perhaps because she hates it so much. This anger on her part is real and justified..... Last eve I fried the salmon piece in oil and a lot of spices and it came out real tasty I think. The Mom ate a lot of her portion plus much of the green beans and a little rice. Then I gave her an ice cream scoop with pear slices which she always enjoys.
Post a Comment