Thursday, we just had one visit from the Occupational Therapist. She wanted to observe how Mom used the shower/bath chair, and Mom seemed to pass the test. She asked a few other questions, we asked a few questions about home safety, and then she scooted out (it was snowing and we were all concerned she might not be able to get out and up the road, but she did.)
Mom was pretty calm, for her. My observation is that the "haldol" is working to the point where it takes some of the compulsion to feel anxiety off. The confusion and anxiety is still there, but it is pulled back some by the drug. She wants to care, but now she's just too darn "chill" to care. I wouldn't want to see her on any higher of a dosage, as it's important to have Mom be as true to her core self as possible, I think.
The only other current frustration now is back to food, eating. Her appetite is fickle and Dad tries his best to create tasty, healthy meals. I pitch in when I can, make suggestions when I can, but short of me moving in there, I can't possibly be there and plan and organize every meal, every day, for them as well as my household. Besides, Dad likes to be in charge of all that.
Another rainy day, and today we should see Nurse M. and possibly the home health worker, too. Dad has an appointment with Dr. N. himself today, so I'll be over there with Mom while he goes to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment